CEVA awarded €8 million distribution contract with Macintosh Retail Group

CEVA to manage logistics operations for Brantano UK and Jones Bootmaker

CEVA125Ashby-de-la-Zouch, UK, 27 February, 2013 – CEVA Logistics, a leading global supply chain management company, is delighted to announce that it has successfully won a competitive tender with the largest out-of-town shoe retailer in the UK, Brantano, and the high street retailer Jones Bootmaker, with a combined store portfolio of over 250 nationwide. Both businesses are part of the Dutch based Macintosh Retail Group NV (MRG).Under the new three year agreement, CEVA will provide around 22,000 store deliveries per annum from Macintosh’s distribution centre in Coalville, Leicestershire. Around 80% of the volume will be distributed through a dedicated fleet, and the remaining 20% will be dispatched using CEVA’s network and cross-dock facilities across the UK.The solution involves both day time and night time unassisted deliveries where CEVA opens up retail stores and places product within a specified location. Around 8.5 million pairs of shoes will be delivered each year.

Terry Boot, Macintosh Retail Group UK Finance Director commented: “For the UK Group, this is an important step in order to facilitate our strong growth ambitions. We were extremely impressed with CEVA’s credentials in the high street fashion marketplace and the range of integrated solutions that were presented to us during the tender process. The combination of a dedicated and network based solution was particularly attractive to us and we are looking forward to recognizing the significant cost savings this will bring to our business and working with CEVA to improve our distribution activities.”

CEVA’s Senior General Manager, Business Development for the Consumer and Retail sector in the UK, Jon Evans, said: “We are delighted to establish this new relationship with Macintosh in the UK. The high street fashion market is of particular interest to us as we look to grow our market share with new contracts. We have invested in our vehicle fleet with a mix of double deck trailers and rigid vehicles which will provide high levels of flexibility for Macintosh and we look forward to use our continuous improvement methodology to drive further innovations.”

CEVA understands the specifics and dynamics of the retail industry including fluctuations in demand, seasonality, fierce competition, complex global supply chains and more. The Company works with eight of the world’s top 10 retailers, and eight of the world’s top 10 home and personal care companies.

For more information contact:

Will Jones
Marketing & Communications Manager, UK, Ireland & Nordics
+44 1530 568 781

CEVA – Making business flow
CEVA Logistics, one of the world’s leading non-asset based supply chain management companies, designs and implements industry leading solutions for large and medium-size national and multinational companies. Approximately 51,000 employees are dedicated to delivering effective and robust supply chain solutions across a variety of sectors and CEVA applies its operational expertise to provide best-in-class services across its integrated network, with a presence in over 170 countries. For the year ending 31 December 2011, the Group reported revenues of €6.9 billion. For more information, please visit www.cevalogistics.com

Listen to the Podcast:

Contributing Sponsors:

Getac International Sponsor of LogisticsMatter

Featured Event:

Supply Chain Transformation Summit Banner

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This