CitySprint, the UK’s largest privately owned same day distribution company, has revealed that its Olympic contingency measures performed well during the Games and its cycle couriers even broke a record of their own, cycling the equivalent of a return trip to the North pole on their busiest day.
In London CitySprint’s pushbike fleet handled 27% more deliveries compared to the same period last year, and covered a distance of over 26,000 miles during the Games. Each cyclist covered an average of 248 miles per week, and on its busiest the day the fleet clocked up the most miles they have ever covered in one day.
CitySprint also recruited a team of joggers and rollerbladers especially for the Games. CitySprint’s jogging couriers ran an average of 115 miles per day between them, with one covering 109 miles during the Olympic period, whilst the rollerbladers reached impressive speeds, with one delivering a package between EC1 and E14, a 4 mile journey, in just 22 minutes.
Altogether CitySprint made over 75,000 deliveries to London postcodes during the Olympics, and carbon free deliveries increased by 33%.
Patrick Gallagher, CEO, CitySprint commented: “We’ve spent a lot of time preparing for the Olympic period so it’s great that our hard work has paid off. The joggers and rollerbladers that we drafted in especially for the Games have been a real asset, and we’re very proud of how hard all our couriers have worked to minimise the impact on our customers.”
“No doubt the Olympics will have a legacy for our business, and we’ve got lots of tips to share with our counterparts in Rio,” he added.
- CitySprint is the UK’s largest privately owned same day distribution network
- CitySprint offers an extensive portfolio of services including SameDay Courier, SameDay Logistics, International & UK overnight courier services
- CitySprint is backed by leading, independent equity house, Dunedin
- CitySprint has a regional network of 35 wholly-owned service centres across the UK with a fleet of over 2,000 vehicles
- CitySprint’s unique national same day network can reach over 81% of mainland UK within 60 minutes (Source: Crimson & Co.)
- website: Citysprint.co.uk
T: +44 (0) 7878 357463
SOURCE: Submitted by Firstlight