MIAMI–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Ryder System, Inc. (NYSE: R), a leader in transportation and supply chain management solutions, today announced that it has published a Corporate Sustainability Report highlighting Ryder’s progress towards improving the communities and environments where the Company does business. The report profiles Ryder’s efforts to drive business growth in economically viable, environmentally sound, and responsible ways. It is organized across five categories: Governance, Ethics and Compliance, Environmental Stewardship, Safety and Security, and People and Community. A one page “Progress at a Glance” provides readers an easy to digest snapshot of Ryder’s accomplishments and goals.
“As a leading provider of transportation and logistics solutions, our stakeholders expect us to be stewards of real-world efficiency and sustainability,” stated Ryder Chairman and CEO Greg Swienton. “We take this expectation seriously and will continue our commitment to achieving results the right way, and delivering on our promises with character and accountability.”
Ryder’s Corporate Sustainability Report is available online at www.ryder.com in the “About Us” section. Highlights in the report include:
Governance, Ethics & Compliance:
- Achieving recognition from GovernanceMetrics International as one of The 20 Most Responsible Companies.
- Completing more than 12,000 online compliance training lessons with employees around the world.
- Implementing a first-of-its-kind heavy duty natural gas vehicle project for commercial rental and lease fleets in Southern California.
- Reducing energy and water consumption across U.S. and Canada operations.
Safety & Security:
- Launching a Sleep Apnea Wellness program to reduce the effects of fatigue among affected professional truck drivers at Ryder.
- Completing certification as a Third Party Logistics Provider (3PL) in the Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) program for logistics operations in Asia.
People & Community:
- Making a $1 million commitment to become a member of the American Red Cross Annual Disaster Giving Program.
- Redesigning the Company’s Leadership Competency Model and linking hiring, performance management, and professional development to four key leadership behaviors: character, judgment, relationships, and results.
Ryder is a FORTUNE 500® commercial transportation, logistics and supply chain management solutions company. Ryder’s stock (NYSE:R) is a component of the Dow Jones Transportation Average and the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index. Inbound Logistics magazine has recognized Ryder as a top third party logistics provider and included Ryder in its 2011 and 2010 “Green Partners” listing. Ryder has also been ranked two years in a row as one of the top 250 U.S. companies in the Newsweek Green Rankings. In addition, Security Magazine has named Ryder one of the top companies for security practices in the transportation, logistics, supply chain, and warehousing sector. Ryder is a proud member of the American Red Cross Annual Disaster Giving Program, supporting national and local disaster preparedness and response efforts. For more information, visit www.ryder.com and follow us on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.