Exceptional Drivers Recognized for Outstanding Effort and Dedication
JOPLIN, Mo. – July 06, 2011
Con-way Truckload, a full truckload carrier and subsidiary of Con-way Inc. (NYSE: CNW), today announced the 18 winners of its Drivers of the Month recognition for March, April and May 2011.
“These drivers truly are the best-of-the-best. They continually work hard to ensure the livelihood of Con-way Truckload’s core values of safety, integrity, commitment, and excellence,” said Saul Gonzalez, chief operating officer, Con-way Truckload. “To be able to work with these drivers truly is an honor and I congratulate and thank them.”
The following drivers were recognized by the company:
- Company Driver of the Month: Kenneth Taylor has been driving trucks for 28 years, and driving for Con-way Truckload since 2003. Known as “Texas Too Tall,” Taylor has won Driver of the Month multiple times, and Driver of the Year once. Taylor resides in Hallettsville, Texas, with his wife C.J., and enjoys riding motorcycles and spending time with his six children and four grandchildren.
- Company Team of the Month: Evans Francois and Yvenold Toussaint joined Con-way Truckload in 2009, and have driven more than 383,000 miles together. Francois and Toussaint both reside in Vero Beach, Fla., Francois with his wife Carline and Toussaint with his wife Mimose. Both drivers have four children. In their spare time Francois likes to play cards and go for walks, while Toussaint enjoys playing soccer.
- Owner-Operator Driver of the Month: Dennis Hastings has been driving professionally for more than 16 years. Since joining Con-way Truckload in 1995 as a student, Hastings has driven 2.1 million miles. Hastings lives in Wyandotte, Okla., with his wife Susie and, when he’s not behind the wheel, he enjoys hunting, fishing and training horses.
- Owner-Operator Team of the Month: Arthur and Cynthia George are a husband and wife team from Medway, Ohio. Together they have three daughters and four grandsons. When they are not on the road, they enjoy fishing, swimming in their pool and working around the house. Cynthia’s advice to other drivers is to always remain positive.
- Company Driver of the Month: Jose Rosique has been driving trucks for 28 years, and joined Con-way in 2001. A resident of San Antonio, he enjoys spending his free time visiting small towns in Europe. He was inspired to become a truck driver because of his passion for travel and seeing the world.
- Company Team of the Month: Michael and Kristina Pruitt have 18 years of combined driving experience and reside together in Surprise, Ariz., with their four children. When they’re not driving, they enjoy outdoor activities such as camping and fishing. Since joining Con-way Truckload in 2009, they have driven more than 274,000 miles together.
- Owner-Operator of the Month: Thomas Rice has driven nearly 2.7 million miles in his 35-year professional truck driving career. He joined Con-way in 1987, and says that a perk of his job is getting to see his friends that live all over the country on a regular basis. Rice resides in Arden, N.C., and enjoys riding his motorcycle and spending time with friends.
- Owner-Operator Team of the Month: Fred and Shirley Rehkow have driven more than 3.9 million miles together since joining the company. The Rehkows have four children together, 16 grandchildren, and nine great-grandchildren. While not on the road they like to spend time with their family, golf and attend car shows.
- Company Driver of the Month: Leonard Domina Sr. lives with his wife Virginia in Sparta, Mich. After logging time over the road, Domina enjoys working around the house and spending time with his four children. Since joining the Con-way Truckload in 1991, Domina has driven more than 2.6 million miles.
- Company Team of the Month: Doug Morgan and Cathy Dufrene joined Con-way Truckload in 2005. “Jolly” and “Louisiana Lady,” as they’ve coined themselves on the road, reside in Charlotte, N.C., and when not driving, they enjoy taking cruises with friends and spending time with their children.
- Owner-Operator Driver of the Month: Marvin Peck has been driving professionally for 44 years, and since then, has been named Driver of the Month four times and Driver of the Year two times. Peck lives in Bartlesville, Okla., and when not on the road, he enjoys spending time with his fiancée and his five sons.
- Owner-Operator Team of the Month: Duke and Sharon Locas reside in Laredo, Texas, and have three children and four grandchildren. Although Duke has been driving for more than 50 years, he admits the last 10 years spent driving with Sharon have been the best of his life. When they’re not driving, Duke and Sharon enjoy relaxing and traveling across the country.
Follow the company on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Con_way_
Con-way equipment images are available at www.con-way.com/en/about_con_way/newsroom.
About Con-way Truckload
Joplin, Mo.-based Con-way Truckload is an operating company of Con-way Inc. (NYSE: CNW) and a leading provider of expedited, time-definite full-truckload transportation services across North America. Formerly Contract Freighters, Inc. (CFI), Con-way Truckload today employs over 3,000 drivers with a fleet of more than 2,700 tractors and 8,000 trailers operating throughout the United States as well as internationally in Mexico and Canada. The company provides full-truckload transportation serving the transcontinental shipping needs of commercial and industrial businesses as well as sister company Con-way Freight. For more about Con-way Truckload, visit us on the Web at www.con-way.com/truckload or call (800) 641-4747.
Con-way Inc. (NYSE: CNW) is a $5.0 billion diversified freight transportation and global logistics company.