Drivers in Five Categories Receive Company’s Top Honor for Outstanding Performance
The Driver of the Year winners include individual and team company and contracted drivers as well as regional. Award criteria included dedication to safety, professional service and exemplary performance. Con-way Truckload recognized the drivers during an awards ceremony at its Joplin headquarters earlier this month.
2012 Drivers of the Year:
- Company Driver of the Year, Timothy “Mustang” Hicks, began his career in the trucking industry in 1992 after finishing his service in the U.S. Air Force. Hicks resides in Laredo, Texas, with his wife Betsy. Together they have three children: Morgan, Kayla and Cameron, and two grandchildren.
- Contractor Driver of the Year, Jon “Smitty” Smith, started his career in trucking by helping out a friend during the winter months, joining Con-way in 1984. Since becoming a professional driver, he has driven more than 3.7 million miles. Smith resides in Joplin, Mo., with his wife, Tina. He has two daughters and four grandchildren.
- Company Team of the Year, Lana and Roy Greenwell, both joined the company in 2007 and note that their favorite aspect of driving is the scenery and the ability to meet new people. Roy has more than 31 years in the industry and Lana has more than 16. They reside in Chandler, Ariz.
- Contractor Team of the year, Diana Preito and Fausto Colon, reside in San Diego, Calif. Preito joined Con-way in 2000 and Colon joined as a student in 2006. They both noted the importance of safety on the road and appreciate the ability to travel as part of the job.
- Regional Driver of the Year, Juan Lopez, began driving for Con-way in 1996 and operates out of the Laredo terminal. He resides in Galveston, Texas, with his wife, Mily and son, Enrique.
“I am proud to personally recognize the Drivers of the Year for their continued efforts and commitment to our company,” said Saul Gonzalez, president of Con-way Truckload. “Our 2012 honorees personify professional driving excellence, ensuring the safety of the motoring public, the satisfaction of our customers and our overall success as a company.”
Driver of the Year winners were presented with prizes for their achievement, which included: a custom Con-way Truckload jacket, a customized award plaque, a personalized Con-way Truckload watch, a cash prize, and an official proclamation from the Missouri State Senate.
Follow the company on Twitter: http://twitter.com/True2BlueJobs.
Con-way equipment images are available at www.con-way.com/en/about_con_way/newsroom.
About Con-way Truckload
Joplin, Mo.-based Con-way Truckload is an operating company of Con-way Inc. (NYSE:CNW) and a leading provider of expedited, time-definite full-truckload transportation services across North America. Formerly Contract Freighters, Inc. (CFI), Con-way Truckload today employs over 3,000 drivers with a fleet of more than 2,700 tractors and 8,000 trailers operating throughout the United States as well as internationally in Mexico and Canada. The company provides full-truckload transportation serving the transcontinental shipping needs of commercial and industrial businesses as well as sister company Con-way Freight. For more about Con-way Truckload, visit us on the Web at www.con-way.com/truckload or call (800) 641-4747.
Con-way Inc. (NYSE:CNW) is a $5.3 billion diversified freight transportation and global logistics company.
(207) 773-0700 ext. 235
|Kemp Goldberg Partners
(207) 773-0700 ext. 235