Recognition Brought to Exceptional Drivers for Outstanding Effort and Dedication
JOPLIN, Mo. – November 22, 2010
Con-way Truckload, a full truckload carrier and subsidiary of Con-way Inc. (NYSE: CNW), today announced the 18 winners of its Drivers of the Month recognition for July, August and September 2010.
“These drivers truly are the best-of-the-best. They continually work hard to ensure the livelihood of Con-way Truckload’s core values of safety, integrity, commitment, and excellence,” said Randy Cornell, vice president of safety, Con-way Truckload. “To be able to work with these drivers truly is an honor and I congratulate and thank them.”
The following drivers were recognized by the company:
- Company Driver of the Month: Donald “Gene” Dollar enjoys spending his spare time with his kids and working on his son’s limited edition Camaro. Dollar has driven more than 1.9 million miles since joining Con-way Truckload in 1997. He currently lives in Crystal City, Texas, with his wife, Delma. They have two children and one granddaughter.
- Company Team of the Month: Thomas and Joan Walter have six children and seven grandchildren. Together they have driven more than 389,000 miles since joining Con-way Truckload in 2009. When at home in Madison, N.C., Thomas enjoys watching drag racing while Joan enjoys working in the yard.
- Owner-Operator Driver of the Month: Jimmy Echols has driven more than 560,000 miles since joining Con-way Truckload more than four years ago. Echols resides in Mesquite, Texas, with his wife, Cheri, and together they have two children and five grandchildren. When he’s not behind the wheel, he enjoys golfing and bass fishing.
- Owner-Operator Team of the Month: Gary and Nora Bulen have been professional drivers for a combined total of 51 years. The Bulens reside in Monkey Island, Okla. Married for 11 years, they both enjoy boating and fishing. Gary also enjoys working in the yard and jet skiing, while Nora likes barbecuing and enjoying summer weather.
- Company Driver of the Month: George Cook joined Con-way Truckload in 1986, and has since driven more than 3.2 million miles. He has six children and 11 grandchildren. In his spare time, Cook enjoys bowling and flying ultra light planes. He and his wife, Tani, live in Arlington.
- Company Team of the Month: Jose Gallegos and Homero Pena joined Con-way Truckload in 2008. Gallegos and his wife, Esabel, reside in Del Rio, Texas, and together they have four children. Pena and his wife, Adriana, also live in Del Rio and have one son, Alejandro. At home, Jose and Homero both enjoy riding horses and having cookouts with their families.
- Owner-Operator of the Month: Alan St. Peters resides in Gainesville, Texas, with his wife, Ann. Together they have one son and one granddaughter. In his spare time, St. Peters enjoys flying airplanes. Since joining Con-way Truckload in 1986, St. Peters has driven more than 1.3 million miles.
- Owner-Operator Team of the Month: James Fisher and Kathryn Wheeler have been driving professionally for a combined total of 37 years. The Coshocton, Ohio, residents enjoy deep sea fishing and spending time with their grandchildren.
- Company Driver of the Month: Jose Herrera and his wife, Soledad, reside in Laredo, Texas. Since joining Con-way Truckload as a student in 2001, Herrera has driven more than 1.4 million miles. At home, he enjoys spending time with his two daughters.
- Company Team of the Month: Roy and Lana Greenwell reside in Youngtown, Ariz., with their children. The Greenwell’s have been driving professionally for a combined total of 43 years. In his free time, Roy enjoys hunting, while Lana enjoys spending time with their family.
- Owner-Operator Driver of the Month: Ricky Hilaire has driven more than 1.8 million miles since joining Con-way Truckload in 1996. He resides in Alamogordo, N.M., with his wife of 24 years, Teresa. Together they have five children and one grandson. On the road, Hilaire enjoys traveling and meeting new people.
- Owner-Operator Team of the Month: Cecilia and Robert Wallraven reside in Clarksville, Tenn. Together they have six children, 11 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. In his spare time, Robert enjoys deer hunting and working on motorcycles, while Cecilia likes to write children’s books and poetry. The Wallravens have driven more than 2.6 million miles since joining Con-way Truckload in 1998.
Follow the company on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Con_way_
Con-way equipment images are available at www.con-way.com/en/about_con_way/newsroom.
About Con-way Truckload
Joplin, Mo.-based Con-way Truckload is an operating company of Con-way Inc. (NYSE: CNW) and a leading provider of expedited, time-definite full-truckload transportation services across North America. Formerly Contract Freighters, Inc. (CFI), Con-way Truckload today employs over 3,000 drivers with a fleet of more than 2,700 tractors and 8,000 trailers operating throughout the United States as well as internationally in Mexico and Canada. The company provides full-truckload transportation serving the transcontinental shipping needs of commercial and industrial businesses as well as sister company Con-way Freight. For more about Con-way Truckload, visit us on the Web at www.con-way.com/truckload or call (800) 641-4747.
Con-way Inc. (NYSE:CNW) is a $4.3 billion diversified freight transportation and global logistics company.