Outstanding Individuals and Teams Honored for Their Exceptional Effort and Dedication
JOPLIN, Mo. – May 17, 2012 – Con-way Truckload, a full truckload carrier and subsidiary of Con-way Inc. (NYSE:CNW), today announced the recipients of its Driver of the Month recognition for April 2012.
“We congratulate these drivers and thank them for their dedication and professionalism,” said Saul Gonzalez, chief operating officer, Con-way Truckload. “They have all shown exemplary commitment to the highest levels of safety and service for our customers, and they couldn’t be more deserving of this honor.”
The following drivers were recognized by the company:
- Company Driver of the Month: Kenneth Taylor Kenneth Taylor has driven professionally for more than 29 years, joining Con-way Truckload in 2003. Taylor has been named Driver of the Month and Driver of the Year multiple times, stating that common sense and his love of driving has led to his success. Taylor lives in Hallettsville, Texas, with his wife CJ. Together they have six children and four grandchildren. When at home, he enjoys spending time with his kids as well as riding motorcycles.
- Contractor Driver of the Month: George Rodriguez Driven by the desire to see the country, George Rodriguez began his driving career in 1990 and has driven more than 1.8 million miles since joining the company in 1997. “My favorite aspect of the profession is the diversity amongst the people and different customs I have seen throughout the country,” he states. “Witnessing the different cultures has offered endless enjoyment to me throughout the years.” Rodriguez resides in Deming, N.M. In his spare time he enjoys real estate development, hunting and relaxing at home.
- Company Team: Albert and Tina Bell Albert “Lee” Bell and Tina Bell have driven professionally since 1989 and joined Con-way Truckload in 2011. Lee, seeing how much his dad enjoyed truck driving, fell in love with the idea of becoming a driver. The thrill of the open road is his favorite part of the job, as well as the opportunity to travel. Tina believes it is a profession she can depend on and attributes the different places, people and things she has seen on the road to keeping her happy in her career. The Bells reside in Alvord, Texas, where they enjoy spending time with their family.
- Contractor Team of the Month: James and Lindsey Kaufman Lindsey Kaufman was also inspired to drive by her father, who drove for 15 years. James and Lindsey Kaufman have driven professionally since 2007 and joined the company in 2010. They both relish the opportunity to enjoy a new lifestyle and travel before settling down. They are also able to spend time with family and friends who are spread across the country. The Kaufmans reside in St. Augustine, Fla. In his spare time James enjoys remodeling their home and working on cars, while Lindsey enjoys golfing and swimming.
- Regional Driver of the Month: Chris Sartain Chris Sartain has been driving professionally for 14 years, having driven more than 714,000 miles since joining the company in 2005. He loves the solitude of a career on the road and says he is very thankful for the team at Con-way Truckload and their continued support. Sartain resides in Stuart, Fla.
The following five drivers achieved the significant career milestones of one and two million miles driven during the month of April:
- One million: Kathy Bingham of Dallas, N.C.; Mark Figueiredo of Brooklyn, Mich.; and Kevin Sorenson of Ozark, Mo.
- Two million: David Foster of Joplin, Mo., and Alfredo Romero of Fort Worth, Texas
Follow the company on Twitter: http://twitter.com/True2BlueJobs
Con-way equipment images are available at www.con-way.com/en/about_con_way/newsroom
About Con-way Truckload Joplin, Mo.-based Con-way Truckload is an operating company of Con-way Inc. (NYSE:CNW) and a leading provider of expedited, time-definite full-truckload transportation services across North America. Formerly Contract Freighters, Inc. (CFI), Con-way Truckload today employs over 3,000 drivers with a fleet of more than 2,700 tractors and 8,000 trailers operating throughout the United States as well as internationally in Mexico and Canada. The company provides full-truckload transportation serving the transcontinental shipping needs of commercial and industrial businesses as well as sister company Con-way Freight. For more about Con-way Truckload, visit us on the Web at www.con-way.com/truckload or call (800) 641-4747.
Con-way Inc. (NYSE:CNW) is a $5.3 billion diversified freight transportation and global logistics company.